And As If That Wasn't Enough...

By now you've all gotten your copies of "I STILL Just Want To Pee Alone" and read the hilarious and heartwarming essays by me and my fellow bloggers. (If you haven't, well, click on that little link over there that says, "Buy My Books!")

My colleagues and I aren't just hilarious in long form, we're also funny in short form. And by short form, I mean Twitter. 


Twitter can be exhausting. You have to weed through so much unfunny stuff to get to the really good stuff. For instance, here are a few gems from my timeline right now:


Small acts of compassion each day is good for your soul

60 retweets, 103 stars

He checked my phone and now won't speak to me anymore...

13 retweets, 32 stars

Sometimes a complete silence can make them hear you.

60 retweets, 89 stars

Can we agree that the above are all horrible tweets? The first one is grammatically incorrect (and sappy), the second one only makes sense if you know the person who tweeted it (I don't), and the third one is just trite. And yet as you can see, they've all gotten starred and retweeted multiple times.  


My favorite part of Twitter is the philosophical musings and sage life advice from a bunch of high school sophomores. 

Well, thanks for telling us what we already know because we too live on Planet Earth and have seen some of the garbage that passes for entertainment on Twitter. But what are you going to do about it? you may be saying.


Contrary to my usual behavior of whining about things and not offering a solution, this time I have one.


TADA!





That's right--a whole book of parenting tweets by 48 people you won't believe have been allowed to procreate. Wisdom and observations from Moms and Dads, all of whom are the funniest people you've never met.

Here's the list of contributors--I'm sure you'll recognize some of these names:


@Cheeseboy22
@TheAlexNevil
@QuestionableCIP -->Also a contributor in the awesome anthology, I STILL Just Want to Pee Alone
@amydillon
@funnyisfamily
@DomesticGoddss
@andyasadjective
@AndyHerald
@bpmbadassmama -->Also a contributor in the awesome anthology, I STILL Just Want to Pee Alone
@bradbroddus
@designerdaddy
@mcarisa
@really10months
@ParentNormal
@FullMetalMommy
@novicefather
@mylifesuckers
@zoevsuniverse
@HousewifeofHell
@buriedwithkids
@outsmartedmommy
@alfageeek
@kalvinmacleod
@tchrquotes
@kcmoore51
@letmestart -->Also a contributor in the awesome anthology, I STILL Just Want to Pee Alone
@workingmom86
@TheBeardedIris
@LindainDisguise
@modmomelleroy -->Also a contributor in the awesome anthology, I STILL Just Want to Pee Alone
@sarcasticmommy4
@marlebean
@MaryWiddicks
@really10months
@pjtlynch
@moooooog35
@est1975blog -->Also a contributor in the awesome anthology, I STILL Just Want to Pee Alone
@simoncholland
@StellaGMaddox
@lurkathomemom
@qwertygirl --> This is me, by the way!
@maughammom
@yuvizalkow
@CrazyExhaustion
@dadandburied
@fatherwithtwins
@McSwtrvst
@mommaunfiltered
@nicoleleighshaw
@onefunnymummy
@PaigeKellerman
@sheepandrobots
@steveolivas
@XplodingUnicorn

So let's summarize what we now know:
1) Twitter is full of twits 
2) There IS funny stuff on Twitter, if you dig deep enough
3) We've done the digging for you, and put out this awesome book
4) You're welcome

So go to Amazon to buy the paperback, or Kindle edition. You'll thank me, I promise!

...


...


...


...



Why are you still here? You didn't go to buy your copy? Maybe you still don't believe me that it's hilarious. OK, I'll prove it:





Now, off you go! And thanks!

2 comments:

Kristine @MumRevised said...

Bought the books and am working my way through them. Congrats on both!

Tracy said...

Kristine, THANK YOU! I hope you enjoy them!